Friday, July 8, 2011

Google Maps and Ned Appreciation Blog

Another short post today, but once again you can marvel at my mastery of Google-based technology. (I just got a Google+ account, so let me know if you want an invite! I don't entirely understand it, but anyway, my offer is out there.) Well, when my friend Ned (who never updates his blog) was road-tripping out to California, he had a game called "Where in the World is Ned Sandiego?" There was a Youtube video and it was this whole thing. I'm going to do essentially the opposite: update my blog, no Youtube videos and here is a sweet map showing all the places I've been in France!


Look how easy it is to stalk me!

Today has been fun. My film & lit class went to Manosque to visit the home of Jean Giono, a very important French author who nobody in America has heard of. So hipster. We were mostly standing around in the heat and listening to old French men talk about someone we haven't really studied in depth, but I enjoyed it. His library (libraries? bookshelves everywhere!) was incredible. My host mom had some friends over tonight for dinner, which was nice. We had an apricot tart for dessert that I need to replicate when I get home, and I had real champagne in France for the first time. Lovely! Tomorrow I'm off to Arles with my archaeology class, and going straight to Anouk's house from there, so... à bientôt !

My wonderful friend Ned, who never updates his blog and certainly never reads mine. He's going to be the best man in our wedding. If my life were Disney's Beauty and the Beast (which it is), I would be Belle of course; Andrew would be the Beast; and Ned would be Cogsworth.

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of the visit to Manosque. It sounds very ltierary, but in an irreverent kind of way? Anyways, feel free to invite me to Google+. I don't think that new people can join right now, even if you have an invitation, sadly. :( But they'll probably open it up to the public soon enough. I'm excited for Arles tomorrow. I hope the archaeological site is cool!

    ReplyDelete