Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wedding and Westfield

I'm home in Westfield, New Jersey for another week before I head off on my France adventure. (Could I get the term Aix-enture to catch on? Yeah no.) Andrew was just up here from Florida, and we were in Fredericksburg right after graduation. While there, we met with Rev. Fisher, who is going to co-officiate the ceremony with my dad; we saw the country club all set up for someone else's wedding; we met with some photographers and some rehearsal dinner possibilities. Planning a wedding is hard, even though it's a year away, so you should validate it by stalking our wedding website. And then we spent a solid three days working on our still-not-done registries. It was draining. Using the scanner is fun, though!

Unfortunately, the heartbreak of falling in love with the perfect silver pattern only to find that it is discontinued (and yet they are still showing it to you in stores; how cruel) has been distracting me from packing and preparing for France. I don't think that watching the French Open while I typed addresses onto the guest list Google Doc really counts. Tomorrow I'm going to Newport, Rhode Island with my parents, since Daddy has a conference at the Naval War College. Oh how important. Meanwhile, Mommy and I will explore some of the mansions with the lovely Elizabeth Foltz. It should be glorious. I'll try to post pictures in preparation for my "real blogging" once I get to Aix.

Marble House, one of many gorgeous mansions in Newport. It was built for the Vanderbilts. If I were forced to live there, I guess that would be okay.

And a shoutout to the one and only Shiri Yadlin, who is back in America! Shiri spent this past semester studying in Jerusalem; her stories and experiences are incredible. I can't wait to hear all about it in person when we're both back at W&L in the fall. Elizabeth is back too--she was in London this year--but she stopped texting me back, so whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout!! Also I'm wayyyyyy too excited about your wedding website (and the wedding it implies of course). Bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete